Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sacred Places

While cleaning out files this week. . .

 I came across this gem. . .
 It says, "Brendan, age 7" on the back.  I love that Brendan wrote "Me" going in the doors.  It meant a lot to me to find it this week.  Because it was a special week for us and for Brendan.  And Maddy too!
We were so grateful that family came to help us celebrate the event.

 The temple wasn't the only sacred place we went on Saturday.  That afternoon we headed down to Primary Children's Hospital.  I think you all know how I feel about that place.  Many special, sacred experiences happened while we were there.  I have no doubt that Christ walks those halls on many occasions.
 We served soup, salad, bread (donated by Great Harvest) and homemade chocolate chip cookies at the Ronald McDonald Family Room.  Lindsay kept the warm cookies coming out of the oven all evening!



 Our favorite part of the evening was visiting with all the parents and families coming through the line.  We could definitely relate to all they are going through.  Sometimes it helps to share experiences.
 Rachel insisted we wait until 8 pm to clean up.  She remembered what it was like to come late and not get anything to eat.  She didn't want anyone to go hungry.
 But, finally, it was time to clean up and head home.  It was a great day in sacred places.

3 comments:

  1. That picture is precious! I suspect that will find its way to a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddy looks so peaceful and serene in the temple shot. Her testimony is written on her face. She'll be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete