Most of the kids were gone this morning, and Brendan was sleeping, so I took some time to do some cleaning downstairs. While I was working, the thought came to me to go sit with Brendan. So I did. He slept and I just sat and watched him sleep.
I love to see him resting peacefully.
Headaches have plagued him the last few nights and mornings. He's felt absolutely awful.
The bumps on Brendan's head have become prominent enough that you can see them if you know to look for them. They make his hair go different directions. Before, you had to feel them with your hands. Interestingly, they follow his craniotomy scar. The back of his head is smooth.The platelets from yesterday finally went to work and the bleeding has finally stopped. Brendan's nose is still really sore from all that dripping and wiping, and this morning he was sick to his stomach (from all the blood going down his throat).
By noon, Brendan was feeling better and he was able to get up, bathe, and wash his hair. Then I was able to trim his nails. While we were at it, we changed the tape on his feeding tube. For a few hours Brendan played Monopoly with Sarah and Lindsay. He ate some spaghetti and cold cereal and tried a peanut butter sandwich (which didn't make the top 10 favorite food list.)
When mornings are hard, I'm not sure how long I can stand to see him suffer. Then the afternoons come and everything seems right with the world. It's a crazy time of ups and downs.





Did he mix his peanut butter with syrup??? I was hoping I'd tempted him to try it.
ReplyDeleteWe continue praying for all of you, peace, comfort, guidance.
The ups and downs and the unknown are the hardest part of this cancer journey. Prayers for Brendan and for you!
ReplyDeleteYep, ups and downs: I've found comfort in "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them". (2 Kings 6:16)
ReplyDelete