Over the past 10 months we have been the beneficiaries of many, many acts of service. Most of the service was rendered without us asking for help. In fact, more often than not, when asked, we didn't know what we needed. But people would follow the Spirit and "know" what we needed. I was always surprised and delighted when someone would fulfill a need that I didn't know we needed until it was done.
(I will never know or even remember all that was done for us. This list is just a "brainstorming" start as we sat and threw out a few of the things we remembered off the top of our heads. Oh, how I wish I had written everything down, but I didn't. And I know that much of the service was given secretly. May you all be blessed for the selfless acts you performed in our behalf. I'll add to this as I remember more things.)
Prayers
Putting our names on the temple prayer rolls
Fasting
More prayers
Meals
Windows washed
Cars washed and detailed
Trees, rosebush, plants, flowers
Babysitting
Other kids taken to the Fun Park and Lagoon
Bathrooms cleaned
Shoes polished
Clothing bought
Hair cuts
Nails done
Pedicure
Bell, Chimes
Caterpillar
Hanging basket of flowers
Lights in the trees
Yard work/ mowing/ garden
Blankets
Christmas gifts
"Survival kits" for the hospital -- snacks, pen, paper, lotion, reading material, breath mints, etc.
travel bag for Brendan
PJ's for Brendan
"Box of Sunshine"
Letters delivered to the hospital and at home
Lotion
Foot rubs
Guitar - playing music for Brendan and the family
Songs written
Poetry written
Money / Donations to the hospital
Meals brought to the hospital
Gift cards for food / movies / needs
Sports memorabilia
Games for the other kids / Activities for kids at home
Conference talks/ texts/ music videos
Photographing special events / Family pictures
Framing for pictures
Meat / Freezer meals
A months supply of paper plates, cups and utensils
Photo collage of Brendan
xbox game (to play in the hospital)
Books (for Brendan, for us, for kids at home)
Movies
Movie passes
Signed books and posters from authors
Puzzles / Activity books
Luminaries around the walkways
Garbage Cans taken to the road
Meals (Did I mention the meals?)
After school snacks for the kids at home
Welcome Home banners
Pizza and movie nights
Frosting and sprinkles for decorating cupcakes at home
Hats, hats, and more hats! Fun hats, functional hats, meaningful hats
Tickets to BYU games, plays, movies, and shows
Teddy Bear
Room decorations for the hospital
Pillowcases
Balloons
Pringles, Pizza, and Pears
Gifts for Brendan / More gifts / even more things to cheer him up
Visitors at home and at the hospital
Travel items for showering, getting ready at the hospital
Car rides
Birthday party
Balloons
Cabins made available for family get-aways
Legos, legos, and more legos
Helicopters
Playing music (guitar, ukelele, singing) with Brendan
Food & treats
More meals
Flowers for the funeral
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete