Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Final Chapter

Tonight was another beautiful evening to be up at the cemetery.  
 Brendan's cousins (the original "Charlie's Angels") brought these lights and lanterns to decorate his grave.  Now I can see the spot every night at dark.
 With the funeral over, and Brendan's final chapter documented, it feels like it is time to wrap up "Brendan's Story."  We know Brendan is busy in his new work, we just don't get daily updates.  We  know our story will continue, but that is not the story I set out to tell.
I'm so grateful for the prompting in the middle of the night that started me writing Brendan's Story.  I'm grateful for Brendan and his willingness to share his story.  I'm grateful for all who left comments and lent support to us through both the difficult and happy moments.  Thank you for loving Brendan and sharing in his story.

Every good story needs an Epilogue.  I hope to update on occasion -- I'm sure anniversaries will prompt some reflection.  I also hope to post some video I took of Brendan sharing stories about his treatments and some of the things he has learned.  Until then, I fondly conclude Brendan's Story.

The End

10 comments:

  1. As you change your routine every night now....so do we. This blog of Brendan has been compelling. There was no sleep until we knew how you and Brendan were that day. We knew what to pray for as we knelt by our beds each night. We are grateful for you sharing with us the good and the bad, the medical and technical, your tender and strong moments. We will miss Brendan "Charlie", and we will miss Your Writing! Beautiful, Amazing, Awesome, Sacred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyn said it. I ditto that. Thank you so much for this amazing writing and sharing so much. Love you all always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wholeheartedly agree with your mom. Bless your beautiful soul.
    I am reminded of a quote from Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium:
    All stories, even the ones we love, must eventually come to an end. And when they do, it's only the opportunity for another story to begin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog has given me so much strength. I am thankful I have had the opportunity to get to know a little about Brendan through reading your words. I thought about you a lot at the work party. I wondered if it conjured up some difficult feelings. I prayed for you like I do everyday. Your testimony and story has changed me. I have realized like never before how brief this life is and how important it is to be ready to move to the other side. Thank you for sharing such personal feelings and tender moments. I'm going to miss daily updates and will continue to check this blog. Thank you for your testimony, it has in deed strengthened mine and given me hope. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say it any better than the above. Thanks so much. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom's reflections on this blog reflect those of so many of us; waiting to fall asleep until we have read how Brendan is doing, gleaning strength and insights from your family's and Brendan's faith in Heavenly Fathers plan, and marveling at your beautifully shared words. I can see your abilities at expression have roots in your mothers ability- so wonderfully stated Lynn.
    Thank you for Brendan's story. It is one we will want to come back to and read again and again. It has become part of our own story. We will walk with greater faith and love the paths laid out for ourselves because of Brendan. His life and mission here, his story, goes on in the lives and stories of so many who came to love him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing with us! Like Lyn said my routine will need to change. The very first thing I did every morning was read your blog :) I owe so much to your family for the examples, lessons, and faith you shared. Thank you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Brendan have changed my life. Thank you Kerry. Thank you foryour amazing example of faith,courage,overwhelming love and strength as you went through this very difficult time. May the Lord bless you always. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kerry, to you and your family for sharing Charlie with us. What an amazing young man, and amazing parents to raise him and give him the knowledge, support and love that he needed to accomplish his journey. I was lucky enough to be able to attend Charlie's celebration of life. The spirit was strong and angels were with us.

    ReplyDelete