This morning, Brendan and I packed up and got ready to go to radiation before heading home. We wanted to get going before the snow started flying. Brendan had been teasing me by throwing his clothes on the floor and saying he was keeping the carpet clean. I assured him that cancer, or no cancer, he would be picking up his own clothes! With a smile, he got busy. I was glad to see him easily pick up the clothes. He used his feet to lift them up, but he was also bending over -- something he hasn't done since his neck surgery. He didn't even hold on to his head to support it (like he usually does). Hurray for progress!
Radiation -- Day 11
Brendan wins! (As we come from the parking garage into the Huntsman Cancer Institute there is a row of 4 elevators. Brendan and I have this game each day where we push the button then try to guess which door will open. Brendan is much better at this game than I am. . .)
Today we started a puzzle we thought we could finish before Lark came to get us. We would have made it if it had had all the pieces :)
I ran into Primary Children's hospital to grab a prescription and saw another Eagle Scout finishing his project. Made me cry to see blankets just like the ones we were given on several different occasions. This family had also had many experiences at Primary Children's and were just paying some back.
Another family donation project given out to patients. Brendan already took out the fuzzy socks and the earbuds.
Each time the drive home seems shorter for me. But not for Brendan. He's not a fan of the 90 minutes in the car. (Nausea probably has a lot to do with it.)
We made the drive home Sunday, back to Salt Lake on Monday, and home again Wednesday.
Once home, Brendan was excited to see his teacher, Mrs. Groll, who came to visit!
Then Brendan spent the afternoon working on a project with Sarah. (I'm glad he took seriously the talk about protecting his good eye.)Despite sores in this throat, Brendan ate a whole piece of pizza for dinner. Whoa! (In addition, I continue to squeeze about 30 ml of fluids into his feeding tube every hour to keep him hydrated. He doesn't care if I put green drinks and probiotics into his feeding tube, as long as I don't make him taste them.)
Yes, that's a second piece of pizza he's working on. I guess Studio C helps the food go down. . .
It's good to be home!















Happy Thanksgiving Peck family!! I think I have a son here at my house who could take some lessons from Brendan's sweet laundry pickup skills! I hope it is a wonderful holiday weekend! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteYay to the best therapy of all - HOME. Happy Thanksgiving! Love to you all! Brooke
ReplyDeleteIt was so good seeing you and I am so happy you guys were home for the holiday! Lots of love and prayers!
ReplyDeleteLots to give thanks for on this day of THANKSGIVING...... HF knows the power of love and home and that is why He gave us families! Love to all of you. Prayers and thoughts continue.
ReplyDelete