The artwork (by kids and for kids) on the ceilings and hallways.
I'm fascinated with the helicopters coming and going. Seeing LifeFlight fly over my house almost every day used to make me cry. Now I'm grateful that someone is getting the help they need! (Thanks Carolyn Davidson for that beautiful perspective.)
I'm grateful for family and the amazing help they have been at the hospital, and at home, and via FaceTime.
I'm grateful to see the sky and am especially grateful when we have a great view out the room window.
I was so grateful to be in the Neurotrauma Unit when this beautiful ray of sunshine arrived. Flowers, plants, or anything living cannot be taken to the 4th floor ICS unit. So I enjoyed these while we lived on the 2nd floor!
I am grateful when I can find a blow dryer.
I'm so grateful for a friendly kids menu and room service. It's so much easier getting Brendan to eat when it is something he likes! Food service always has a smile and they call Brendan by name, both when taking his order by phone and when they deliver the food to his room. Plus, they always make the food look nice and fancy!
And they always include a joke and a cute rubber guy!
(I think by the time we get out of here we will have enough rubber guys to populate a whole city!)
Later, he got up to walk to the bathroom. His neck is still very weak and he has a hard time holding it up by himself, but it's improving.
I'm especially grateful for a shower close to our room.
This morning ENT came and took the drain out of Brendan's neck. It slipped right out, much to Brendan's relief! Yesterday he wasn't quite so lucky with the Foley (catheter). It took a urologist to come help. Ouch!
More and more progress!
Snow?!!! (Still trying to be grateful for that.)
Things are looking up! Here comes therapy. . .

















I'm grateful for YOU! And I miss you:). Tell Charlie we love him too!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a poet! And I didn't even know it:)
DeleteI'm grateful that today is better for you all!! It's so amazing how resilient kids are and how quickly the human body begins to heal from trauma. Brendan is such a strong kid!! Great to see him up and smiling. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree Tonya!! Keep up the good work Brendan. You are doing great. Kerry thanks for keeping us up on the blog. Our hearts are with you. We are praying. We love you!!
ReplyDeleteOur generation and kids dress those little bendy guys in hospital tape. They make soccer players, ballerina's pirates, and all kinds of creative little people. I'm grateful for you and Brendan and all the other courageous children at the hospital.
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for the wonderful care Charlie is getting! Primary Children's is phenomenal! I am also grateful for the updates you post. Sending prayers daily, multiple times daily :)
ReplyDeleteWe love you Brendan! Willow valley is thinking of you!
ReplyDelete