Brendan's Obituary:
Today was incredibly busy. We met with the funeral director at Allen Hall Mortuary and was so grateful for their help and support in planning Brendan's funeral. Shaun wrote Brendan's beautiful obituary, we met with my cousin who is the florist at Lee's to order flowers, and we delivered all the medical supplies Brendan doesn't need anymore to CNS (Community Nursing Services), hoping they can use the supplies to help others the way they helped us. Our friend and neighbor, Collette, used her wonderful talents to help us find and prepare all the clothing we will need for the funeral. (That's a pretty tall order for a family our size!) Thanks, Collette!We have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support we have been given. Everyone is so kind. The bell in the picture above was brought -- symbolizing the bell Brendan can now ring showing he is finished with treatment and completely cancer free! What an incredibly thoughtful gift. We have received visits from the Trunnell's and the Henderson's -- both families have very recently lost family members themselves, yet they took the time to come visit us and give us their condolences. In this world where trouble and strife seem rampant, I am finding only good in people. The love and goodness push away the dark and bring the light.
Funeral plans have been set and will be as follows:
Funeral - Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 11:00 a.m. at the Hyrum Stake Center (600 South 200 East, Hyrum)
Viewings: Friday, July 29, 2016 from 6-8 p.m. at the Allen Hall Mortuary (34 East Center, Logan) and Saturday, July 30, 2016 from 9-10:30 a.m. at the Hyrum Stake Center (600 South 200 East, Hyrum)
We have moved the funeral to the Hyrum Stake Center where we can accommodate more people. We hope everyone who wants to come will feel welcome, no matter how you know Brendan. Our loads have been lifted and made lighter thanks to all you do!

I am amazed at the thoughtful gifts, things I hadn't "thought" of, yet so meaningful and loving. So glad you are all supported by so many thoughtful hearts and kind acts. Love the bell! He is most definitely cancer free!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your the love and strength and faith you have shown through Brendan's journey. I know I will continue to grieve for a long time, and your example helps me navigate my journey.
ReplyDeleteAll our love!
Beautifully written obituary! 💙
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tribute to Brendan. I wish I could be there Saturday to give you a big hug! I know my mom and dad will so I hope you'll feel that from me as well :) we love you lots and are so grateful to have had Brendan and your family as examples. ❤️
ReplyDelete