Sunday, March 27, 2016
On this beautiful Easter Sunday, I've contemplated once again the miracle of the Atonement and the blessings of the Resurrection -- made possible through the love and sacrifice of our elder brother, Jesus Christ.
![]() |
| Brendan and his new little cousin, Elizabeth. |
This morning the words, "risen with healing in his wings" kept running through my head.
2 Nephi 25: 13
13 Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name.
![]() |
| After a busy, active day Saturday, Brendan was pretty tired this morning. |
Healing is a beautiful word. Especially when so much suffering and anguish exist. Most of the time I think we think of healing as a merely physical "fix." But healing can be so much more, as Richard G. Scott taught.
Recently, a neighbor and friend who recently lost his wife to cancer, said, "I just thought the prayers would work." I've contemplated this question so many times myself. I knew with as many prayers as were being said in Brendan's behalf, that he should surely be cured instantaneously. So it has taken faith and humility, and more faith, and even more humility, to seek to understand God's will and be patient as His will unfolds.
The Bible Dictionary on Prayer says: "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that we must ask for in order to obtain."

There is so much I have yet to learn and to understand. What I do know for sure is that Heavenly Father has most assuredly heard our many prayers and the multitude of prayers fervently uttered by children and adults alike, both in and out of the temples. Again and again the Spirit has witnessed to me that Heavenly Father is there, he is listening, he is comforting, strengthening and supporting us.
And He is Healing -- all of us.
![]() |
| Brendan's taste is slowly returning. Tonight he ate an entire Norski (Norwegian missionary word for crepes.) |





Beautiful day! Beautifully written. It was a Happy Thankful Easter!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful post. Happy Easter to you and your precious family!
ReplyDeleteEvery time I read your posts I feel so uplifted. You write beautifully with so much Grace and with His spirit. Thank you.
ReplyDelete