Sarah here. At least it was a lazy day for me, so I feel like it must have been for everyone. I'm finally out of school, and Charlie is thrilled that he doesn't have to hear: "After my homework" or "I have to go back for class" or "She can't come because she's got a project due" for the next few weeks!
We sat and read. Or I read, at least. I offered to read my book out loud, but he got a little bored of it after a few paragraphs. The poor kid was battling the book for my attention, telling me we needed some quality time.
So we snuggled our toes over the heater vent. We alternately dozed and played the iPad. Nothing says quality time like iPad games!
Charlie started getting nauseous while his medicine went down as we gathered for scriptures and prayers, so we had to distract him quick with a simultaneous foot rub and joke reading. "Why was the horse in pain? Because it was a charlie horse!"
The cheesy jokes continued until Landon booed me off the proverbial stage.
Charlie's so used to throwing up by now that it doesn't really phase him, and he'd rather throw up than be nauseous, but we have to convince him to keep it down so that he doesn't just vomit up his medicines.
I got a funky buzz cut that closely resembles Charlie's current V-shaped balding spots. We thought that was pretty cool! Although he said I'd have to go lower than a #2 clipper length if I wanted it to look like the real deal.
Dinner time! Yum! I try to imagine what life would be like without stopping to eat. Most of Charlie's calories for the day go in while he's asleep.
He did end up throwing up a little--hopefully the drugs were more or less in his system by then. After the quick, hectic bedtime routine of teeth brushing, mouth rinsing, re-taping his feeding tube, getting pajamas on, and rubbing his feet with frankincense, he was out.
If tomorrow is another lazy day, that will be just fine with me.







No comments:
Post a Comment