Monday, January 25, 2016

Chemo Cancelled. . .'til Friday

Just as Shaun and Brendan finished packing this morning (wait, did I say Brendan? -- I meant -- as I finished packing Brendan's bag. . .) the call came from Primary's saying that Brendan's ANC (absolute neutrophil count) was at 300 so chemo has been rescheduled for Friday. (All of his other counts, including sodium, look good.)   His audiogram will also be rescheduled for that day.  Blood draws will be taken on Thursday to make sure his ANC is above 750 by then.  (I was asked if Brendan had had the Neupogen shots -(shots that help the white blood cells recover faster) before.  He hasn't.  They may look at giving those to Brendan after his next round of chemo.

When I asked Brendan if he was happy about the delay he said, "I wish they would just cancel my chemo treatments completely.  But I have mixed feelings about whether I wish I could just get the treatment over with, or have more time at home first."

I guess Brendan doesn't have a choice.  So it's a good thing he didn't have to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment