Saturday, January 23, 2016

Funny Facts

A few funny facts:

Brendan said that he swallowed about half of his spit today.  (Usually it is too thick, so he spits it into a cup -- but he usually won't swallow it.)

Brendan thinks it would be really cool if he can learn to sleep with his left eye open.  Since he can't see out of that eye, it's dark to him,  but he thinks it would be funny if he could freak people out sleeping in school with one eye open.   At night, he tucks his good eye into the pillow so it's dark, while his left eye stays open.  But so far, it always closes when he falls asleep.
Last night was the first night either Shaun, Sarah or I haven't slept within sight of Brendan since October.  Brendan decided last night he wanted to sleep upstairs.  I figured it was finally time.  For awhile after his seizure I made sure I could see or hear him, but I think I'm finally comfortable that his sodium levels are being managed so he is not likely to seizure again.  So upstairs he went.

As luck would have it, the alarm on his feeding system went off twice during the night.  Upstairs I traipsed to reset the alarm and check to see everything was working properly.  I'm thinking he'll have to stay closer -- so I can get more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment