Deciding on my Make-A-Wish trip is stressful. I worry because I can't take the whole family. And I want to. (Only family members 18 and under are invited). Sometimes chemo is stressful. But I'm not too worried about Friday.
I wish my hair would come out -- because that would be a really cool experience. I used to be worried that my hair would grow back a different color or would be curly, but the nurses told me that rarely happens. So now I think it would be cool to lose it.
Today, my favorite thing was playing with Aaron and his new birthday presents. I had a long nap. And I slept in. And I'm tired tonight. Today I was too tired to be stressed. All in all it was a pretty good day.
Kerry: After a few days in the hospital, then coming home and having Aaron sick, I think today was just a recuperation day. I slept. Aaron slept. Brendan slept -- a lot.
Today I started thinking about chemo. Friday is coming fast -- faster than I wanted it to. Blood draws are tomorrow with the full workup that is always done before chemo. We've continued to give him his sodium solution as instructed and I'm interested to see what impact it is having on his sodium levels. I'm also starting to wonder what chemo drug they will be giving to him this time. And what the side effects are. And how he will tolerate it. But, like Brendan, I was too tired to stress much. I just had to get laundry done so we would be ready to pack tomorrow. It was time to wash Brendan's blankets and pillowcases that he takes in the car and into the hospital.
Glad we had time today to just rest.




Loved reading that you all rested today. Thank you for writing ever dad. Your consistency is inspirational along with the other qualities you exhibit like courage and faith. I love Brendan's heart and how it stresses him out that he can't take the whole family on his trip.❤️
ReplyDelete