Shaun was in Logan with Brendan as he was being prepped and loaded into Life Flight. No, he didn't get to go in the helicopter. Just Brendan. The minute I heard they were going to Life Flight Brendan to Primary's I jumped in the car and headed south. Rachel was at home as Life Flight flew over the house.
As soon as the helicopter was out of sight, Shaun hopped in his car and headed to Salt Lake.
At home, when Life Flight goes over the mountain on this west side I know it is headed to Salt Lake. When Life Flight goes through South Canyon more to the east, I know they are headed to Ogden. Here Rachel captured a video of Brendan's helicopter going over the mountain toward Salt Lake.
Shalee (Brendan's uncle) left Camp Williams where he was weekend training and quickly made it to Primary's and was there to video Brendan coming in to the roof of Primary Children's Hospital. I was already in the PICU waiting room by then.
It took awhile for Brendan to be brought into his PICU room last night. We didn't know why it had taken so long until this morning. This morning Brendan described how the helicopter landed and he was unloaded, only to find out that the elevator wasn't working. Two helicopters had left Logan just 8 minutes apart and landed minutes apart. Brendan was on the 2nd helicopter. The first helicopter re-loaded and landed on the landing pad just outside the Emergency Department at ground level. Brendan was re-loaded into his helicopter and flown across the parking garage to the University of Utah hospital landing pad. They told him he got an extra ride and they wouldn't even charge him for it :) From there, he was wheeled in a gurney across the bridge back to Primary's -- which was a very bumpy ride, he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment