Having chemo moved from Friday to Monday was such a tender mercy for me. So many things were going on this weekend that Brendan and I were going to miss, and we felt very bad about it. For me, being home Friday and Saturday meant that I could go to the Laurel Retreat with Maddy and Lindsay. Being gone from Young Women's so much is hard, and I had really looked forward to this opportunity to get to spend some time with the girls. It was also a spiritual boost that I needed.
At noon, as we headed home, we realized we would just have time to make it to the play, "Chitty, Chitty, Bang Bang!"
Brendan's good friend, Todd Rigby, had one of the main roles in the play, and we all really wanted to see him. When the play opened last week, Brendan's blood counts were too low to go. With chemo, we thought we would have to miss it, but the extra few days at home gave us a chance to see it today. Yeah!
During intermission, Brendan got an extra special visit from Boris and Goran!And afterwards, Brendan was able to talk with Todd and meet Tyler Whitesides (far left -- and author of the "Janitor" series) -- who played the lead role, and the other cast members.
Then Brendan was given a special tour backstage to see the amazing car. It did some pretty cool things.
In the sunlight today, I could clearly see Brendan's eyelashes. There are only two long ones left on his left eye, but new ones are starting to grow in. As much as Brendan would love to go bald, I'm not sure it's going to happen. New hair is growing in as fast as it is falling out. But, we'll see. With the new chemo on Monday, that might change.







I have always loved the eyelashes of the Peck children. Happy to hear of your happy weekend. I'm a little jealous that Brendon got to get up close and personal with that 'most fantasmagorical' car.
ReplyDelete