Sunday, January 17, 2016

Ward Families: A Beautiful Plan

I've expressed a lot of gratitude these past few months for families -- our immediate family and our extended family.  We've had so much support and love.  Today I was thinking about how perfect Heavenly Father's plan for families extends to ward families.

Today Brendan felt up to going to Sacrament Meeting and Primary.  I rejoiced today in being together with our ward family who welcomed us with smiles, warm greetings, and hugs. How great to have a Bishop who watches over us,  the Relief Society president and High Priest Group leader's constant care, a compassionate service leader who checks to see if we have meals when we need them, and, of course, Visiting Teachers who give me a hug and a pat on the shoulder as I pass them in the hall and are always just a call away.  Then, to top it off, our super dedicated Home Teacher shows up to check on us, to teach us, and to fill our home with the Spirit as he serves us as the Savior would.

Our family crosses ward and stake boundary lines and even church boundaries as service is given, comments are sent to strengthen us, neighbors continue to plow our driveway before we can, friends bring us donuts and treats.  More service is given as Young Women counselors and advisors carry on with lessons and activities whether I am at Church or at the hospital with Brendan.  As much as we would like to think we can do everything by ourselves, Heavenly Father knew we couldn't.  So he provides a way for us to have the help we need.  Ward families.  What a beautiful plan.


1 comment: