Wednesday, January 13, 2016
When Mom doesn't know what to write. . .
so... Brendan here. I guess I'll be green. Things around here are actually really boring. The most exciting thing around here is when everyone comes home from school. When Landon came home, he ran downstairs and asked "Is Brendan still here? " I realized that he was scared I had gone back to the hospital. I was amazed that he cared so much that he would look for me every time he came home. I was also talking with Lindsay and she said her days were a lot better when I was home. The song "I Stand All Amazed" really came to me as I thought about my loving siblings.
The other exciting thing around here is everyone trying to get me to eat. Imagine if every time you went to eat something, it was something really gross. Like chips covered in mayonnaise. But imagine you could transport everything straight to your stomach so you wouldn't have to taste anything. That's my situation. It's actually really nice to have the feeding tube in. I know without it I would be really hungry and probably not feeling well. The saliva in my mouth is coming back, but is still really thick, so I don't like to swallow it. So I spit a lot.
It's just great to be home. I get to see everyone and everything is familiar. Last night I went to scouts. Afterwards, I got to go to the church with mom and my brother and sisters while they finished up mutual. Everyone was really happy to see me. And I was really happy to see them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Beautiful post, Brendan! You're a fantastic writer, and it's great hearing about your experience in your own voice. Rob and I are praying for you! We think/talk about you a lot and truly "stand all amazed" at all the blessings and miracles that have occurred in your life. You're a good one you are! Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteSo great to read your words Brendan. Every time I read about you in this blog one of my thoughts is how bright and intelligent you are. I hope both your saliva and ability to taste return so eating has some fun again associated with it. I have learned that doing something you don't want to do everyday builds character. For you this can be eating. For me it is not eating.😊
ReplyDelete