Brendan's labs were drawn at 1 p.m. At 4:30 p.m. I received a call from Dr. Fluschel saying Brendan's sodium was dropping -- from 133 last Friday to 128 today. (I knew something was up when it was the attending doctor that called and not our care coordinator.) They wanted him in for observation and tests tonight. We definitely didn't want any seizures tonight, so down we came.
Brendan played while I packed.
We dragged our feet and left only when we were pressed to make it to the hospital by 8 p.m.
It's always hard to leave Cache Valley.
The State Capitol was beautiful tonight.
Everyone's trying to keep it light, knowing Brendan didn't plan to be here tonight.
Brendan knows the routine.
Weight. . .
Height. . .and vitals checked. Then he got his warm blanket.
The plan tonight is to give more sodium, check blood sodium levels every 4 hours, and begin a 24 hour urine collection to test cortisol levels -- both by blood and urine. That's as far as the plan goes tonight. Tomorrow we will discuss whether to start chemo or not.











Yesterday I showed Shaun the "jigsaw puzzle" app. Did he remember to tell you? It's a good time killer :). Here's hoping this stay goes as planned!
ReplyDelete