Today was the first day in a long time that we left the house and did something just plain normal. Today we went to the grocery store. (It's the first time in months I've been grocery shopping for more than just an item or two.)
Brendan thought it was a LOT of fun! He loved walking down the aisles while I asked, "Does that look good? Would you eat it?" The food of the day was Ritz crackers.It was so interesting to watch Brendan negotiate the grocery cart out to the car. I watched him carefully calculate how to dodge the cardboard displays and check his left side (where he has no sight) to make sure he wasn't going to run into anything. Then he had to figure out where the middle line was to get the cart out of the narrow opening. I realized that we are going to do more practicing so he can get to the point he doesn't have to think about it.
Brendan: I am so excited for school! It was so great to see my friends! While we were talking with the counselor he clarified that I would be starting on Monday, then said, "Unless you want to start sooner?" I let that sink in, then said, "How about tomorrow?" So it was decided. I was starting school tomorrow. I would go for fourth and fifth hour with lunch in between."
I thought that after being out for a few hours Brendan would be tired and maybe take a nap. But when he got home he was SO excited about school that he was literally bouncing around.
Literally!
Yep, more bouncing. This time with Todd.
It's been hard to get Brendan to calm down and get ready for bed. He can't wait for tomorrow. . .








Awesome!!!!!! Good luck on your first day back at school Brendan!! Kerry, I bet that is going to feel so strange to have him out of the house and out of your sight! I love you guys so much!! -Jill
ReplyDeleteWe are thrilled that Brendan is thrilled about returning to school. "JOY SCHOOL" would express my feelings. Go Brendan!
ReplyDeleteHave fun today!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay School!!!! Congrats!
ReplyDelete