They told Brendan that after talking to his doctors and going through the paperwork, that his wish to go to DisneyWorld and Give Kids the World in Florida had been granted.
This lego sign was created by the LegoMasters in Enfield, Connecticut and made just for Brendan. The back is signed by the team and a letter congratulating him was sent with it. What a thoughtful gesture. I'm amazed at just how wonderful people can be.
Kael and Ashley and Kael's brother stayed to watch Brendan perform on his ukulele.
The rest of the day was a little more typical. Brendan wanted to try cake, so he made it himself.
He spent a good amount of time reading Calvin and Hobbes on the stairs.
And he took second place (behind Landon) at the game of Goose tonight.
Sarah: I was having a really bad headache all afternoon, moaning in pathetic agony on the couch. Charlie eventually noticed and said he knew what to do. He could have told me that I don't even know what a real headache is, so suck it up--but instead he sat me down and rubbed my feet, showing me the tricks that other people had used for him. He asked if I was hydrated and kept my cup refilled. He got his electric blanket for me and made sure to tuck it in around my feet with a heated rice bag. He stroked my hair and kept checking to see if I felt any better. Of all the people that could have told me I have no right to complain, he instead remembered every kind thing that people have done for him when he doesn't feel well, and paid them forward on me.
It seems like all of our wishes are coming true this week. Brendan is so happy with school, with his wish being granted, and just feeling better. He's eating everything in sight and loving the taste -- (except he wasn't sure about the stir fry for lunch.) His strength and stamina are growing daily. He's learning skills to manage his hearing and sight deficiencies. With MRI and bone scans this coming week we will get a peek inside to see how he's doing in there. Hopefully, his outside activity is a positive reflection of what's going on his inside!











The only word I can think of is: Awesome! But that doesn't express MY JOY for YOUR JOY!
ReplyDeleteWonderful fantabulous. I am so happy for you Brendon.
ReplyDeleteI love you. Aunt Kathleen
I am so excited about your wish trip! What a wonderful blessing to your family! I love that he is still his kind and generous self. Gentle hugs and healing thoughts continue for all!
ReplyDelete