Sunday, May 15, 2016

Angels On Earth

Today was emotionally tough.  Many tears, a few fears, and just plain tiredness contributed to a very up and down day.  Brendan, once again, had a rough start, but gained momentum throughout the day. He is eating a few foods again.

A kiss from Sarah.

With everyone home, we could finally get another family picture.  We are so blessed.

Shaun's sister, Shanda, did so much to make family pictures happen.  And the rainclouds parted and the sun shone just in time.  Blessings, and more blessings.

Shaun's sister, ShaMayne, and her family came to visit for the afternoon.  Her husband, Jack, is battling stage 4 colon cancer and just finished his 5th round of chemo.  Jack played the guitar and Brendan sang along to all his favorite songs.  It was a special day to be all together.  More blessings.

Many other family members showed up and we enjoyed being together.  There is such strength in "togetherness."

Then, a most amazing thing happened.  Just as the sun set we looked out to see this choir of angels gathered on our front lawn.  With angelic voices they sang hymns of hope and comfort.  I could not contain the tears and they flowed freely down my face and dripped off my chin.  That show of love and support was the greatest sight I have ever seen.  And a power I can't explain -- except it was love in action.  Strength in numbers.  Lifting, helping, healing.  It was amazing.

Blessings, more blessings, and even more blessings.  We have been blessed beyond words.  While Heavenly Father has given us this burden to bear -- this trial to endure -- he has yet made a way through for us.  It is angels on earth -- you -- that light our way and carry us on your shoulders.

6 comments:

  1. Tears of Joy....All my love and prayers continue. I don't have the words ... what a sweet and tender mercy and so much love....Thank you for sharing. All my love, Rexene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family & Friends are definitely angels among us! We love you all and are praying for sustaining strength and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that gave me chills - what an amazing support system Charlie has around him. I'm so happy you guys are able to see so many blessing during such a difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt as if I was on hallowed ground that night. The love was so strong, but even more than that, I felt.....words just can't express what I felt. The song, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" comes to mind. I know you have the strength and love of "heaven and earth" supporting you. What an honor to share our love with you.

    ReplyDelete