Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Question

I think Kristen summed it up best tonight when she said, "I just wish someone would tell me how to feel!  How am I supposed to be feeling right now?"  
 We made it to church today.  Brendan knew that was the one thing I wanted for Mother's Day.  He stuck out the whole three hours, even though I knew his leg was getting tired.  We took the wheelchair so he could sit and not have to get up and down.  It worked pretty good.
 It was a pretty relaxed afternoon.  With no long term treatment plan and lots of questions about what is ahead of us, we just kind of feel lost as to how to proceed.  We will make it to Tuesday and meet with the radiation oncologist again.  We can see ahead to at least Tuesday.
 I know there is no right way to feel right now.  There is numbness, there is shock, there are lots of unknowns.  Like Kristen said, "I just feel a lot of everything and I don't know how to describe it."  Yes, I think this feeling is indescribable, and the people who know how it feels know because they have been in a similar situation to feel it too.  They come with hugs, love and understanding.  What do I feel?  Everything.

6 comments:

  1. Much love to your whole family! You each have shown so much courage. Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture at the end. Wow! So many emotions and so much unknown - I am so sorry. My heart and prayers are with you in this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry - Sending love and prayers to you all on this Mother's Day. You are the best Mother Ever. May Heavenly Father's sweet peace attend you. Rexene

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an absolute gift for putting feelings into words! Thank you for sharing, especially on a day you have every right to keep to yourself. There you go being wonderful again! Your words are so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kerrie, it was so good to see you yesterday! Thanks for the warm hug. And what a beautiful photo of you above. Wasn't it just a week ago we talked about going to lunch? How quickly things can change. In just the time we went to Wyo to look for a lot or home to buy because our home here is under contract and set to close the end of July, Carol texted and said to check out your blog. And Millie got a grandson and Dawna got an engaged daughter, and..... Oh, how I love you. I hope you know and feel that. I'm so thankful our paths have crossed. You continue to be in our prayers. Hugs, dear sister friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kerry and Shaun, I have only heard the news of Brendan today. I had to leave Relief Society where it was announced because my heart broke and the tears wouldn't stop. I couldn't help from thinking....keep Brendan, let me go in his place. I wish at least, I could carry some of the stress and sorrow that you feel. All in all, I guess I was trying to do what the Savior has already done for us. How I love the Savior!! How I love you and Brendan. Along with the entire community plus alot of other people, we will constantly add our prayers for you and him. May it be the Lord's will he can be healed. I absolutely LOVE the black and white picture of Brendan and Norman. Your family is amazing and is such an example of faith, love, strength and "forever family". I imagine some of your therapy is in sharing things on this blog. You do it so beautifully, letting us in to your lives.

    ReplyDelete