We made it on Brendan's Wish Trip! Thank you for all the prayers, fasting, and well wishes. I'm sure that is the reason Brendan is well enough to go.
Everyone went out of their way today to make it a special trip for Brendan. The captain invited Brendan and Aaron into the cockpit to show them around.
The stewardess moved a bunch of people around so we could all sit together.
The kids all loved taking off and landing. It was fun to see their excitement.
Give Kids The World (GKTW) is an incredible organization. They had gifts for the kids when they greeted us at the airport. They had luggage carts (which were donated to them) for us to use at no cost. Everything was all taken care of.
No, we didn't get this car, even though Brendan wanted it.
We got a minivan instead.This place is amazing! I was afraid our expectations were too high since we had heard so much about this place, but we had no idea. . .
The minute we arrived we were sent to eat first since we were hungry. Checking in and orientation could come later.
The food was delicious and the army of volunteers was impressive. They wouldn't let us clear our own plates or anything. Just eat and enjoy.
Today was Christmas at GKTW.
Santa was impressive (as usual).
The kids all got Christmas presents.
Then we were taken to our villa. Brendan and the kids were given more stuff.
A lemonade truck came past with drinks and treats.
After getting settled into the villa, we checked out the village. The kids rode on the Carousel.
We checked out the all you can eat ice cream parlor..
and more games. . .
and even more games. . .
And Brendan finally got to play miniature golf! He's wanted to for a very long time.
And all you can eat everything. . .
It was so much to take in in just a few hours. Glad we have all week.




































My eyes leaked a little... Ok a lot... Looking at this. What's dream for you guys!! What a wonderful organization that is to make your trip so perfect.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, but I shed tears as I read your post. I am so thankful you got to go on this trip!! I pray that it is a wonderful week for your family and especially for Brendan.
ReplyDeleteSimply incredible! I am so excited that you guys made it and that the fun has begun!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome!! It makes me cry happy tears. I pray you'll have a week of memories together that you'll always cherish! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteGuess we're all a bunch of saps! I leaked too this morning, once I found out you had made it on the plan. So happy for guys. We'll keep praying for Brendan to be as healthy as possible so you can all enjoy this awesome trip!! Happy happy happy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWonderful that all has gone well. Say, we saw a different ad for the Telethon on KSL 5 news tonight. Brendan was in this one too. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteAwe!!!! Tears of joy for you all!!!! Have sooooooo much fun!!!!! We will be thinking of you all and praying it just keeps getting better!!!! ❤️
ReplyDeleteTears of joy all around! I am so glad you all are being showered with food, fun, and family! Awesomeness!! Luvs!
ReplyDeleteIt is often through others that prayers are answered. How amazing there are many able to serve you anonymously clear across the country. Enjoy your time "in another world" made possible because of LOVE. What joy you guys are bringing to many. Thanks and God Be With You....
ReplyDeletePS Charlie, your smile seems bigger. I bet it's those cool socks.
DeleteSo happy for you guys!! Enjoy every minute making wonderful memories!! Love you guys!!
DeleteIt feels like all of us who love Brendan and all you Pecks are on this trip with you. We couldn't be happier if we were there. We hope every moment is good and memorable. Love you ❤️
ReplyDelete