Brendan:
I got up at 7:45 this morning which is the earliest I've gotten up for a long time. I ate 3 bowls half full of cereal. Mom took Aaron to his soccer game at nine, and dad took Landon to the "Aggie Hack Day." I stayed home, finished my homework, waited for Maddy to get up, then when she did, we went and seranaded Lindsay to wake her up. When Mom got home, we did chores. I was excited to go to my friend's birthday party. At the party, we had a nerf gun war, played basketball, ate ice cream and opened gifts. I had a blast! But near the end of the party, we were playing basketball and I was running toward the hoop, but my friend was chasing his ball and I tripped over it. I caught myself with one arm and scraped my knee and my hands. It wasn't bad, but it shook me up a bit. Imagine if that happened a month or two ago? It probably would have been pretty bad. But today, all I got was a scraped knee and sore arm. When I saw my knee was bleeding I said, "It's ok, my platelets are up!"
Today I ate a lot! I feel like my taste buds are just about back to normal -- (except chocolate doesn't quite taste very good :) I'm looking forward to getting my NG (nasogastric- feeding) tube out. And my port. My port gets sore now that I'm doing more so it would be nice to get it out. I have an MRI scheduled for next Thursday. And bone scans for the Monday after that. We will meet with the doctor that afternoon to go over the scan results. We are hoping for nothing -- nothing to show up on the scans that is.
I added a math class to my school schedule next week. I like school. It's fun.
I'm really tired tonight. It has been a busy day.


Thanks, Brendan, for your update. I was wondering if your taste came back quickly, since your eating picked up quickly it seemed, or has it been over a long time and you just have not mentioned it? Back to normal...ice cream, basketball, chores, scrapes, homework, being tired. Yipee!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to hear that you are getting to have some fun again!! So glad food is becoming appealing again too! Thanks for the great news and for sharing it with us!
ReplyDelete