It's time. Six weeks. Where did it go? Tomorrow marks the 6-week mark since Brendan received his last dose of chemo. Next Monday is 6 weeks since his bone scan. We will re-do his bone scan Monday morning. His MRI is tomorrow (Thursday).
In these past six weeks Brendan has been back into the hospital twice, but has increased in strength and stamina. He has put on five pounds (he now weighs 73.8 pounds) and is eating day (by mouth) and night (by feeding tube) now. He is down to 1 dose of vancomycin each day and will start every other day doses next week. His sodium supplements have dropped to twice a day and should drop again after Monday when they test his blood sodium levels. To leave the hospital 5 1/2 weeks ago with the doctors concerned about abnormal spots on his MRI and bone scans was a little unnerving. Waiting 6 weeks for follow up scans has been good, but hard. I knew Brendan needed this time to heal. And he has. It seems that if his bone marrow was compromised, or diseased, that he would be showing symptoms of pain or weakness or other problems. But Brendan is active and strong and enjoying life. So, ready or not, it's time for scans. Hopefully, the scans will have clear results this time. We should be able to review all of the scan and test results with the doctors on Monday afternoon at Brendan's clinic appointment.
Brendan: I wrestled Rachel after scriptures and prayers tonight. We were pretty evenly matched.(Though Rachel didn't think so.) I'm a a bit nervous about going in for scans tomorrow. It's hard to imagine what will happen if they find something. But I hope I can get my port out soon. Since I'm doing so much now, the muscles around it get sore a lot more often. Another thing to think about is my feeding tube. Soon, I might be eating enough to sustain myself without night feeds.
So, let's hope for the best!



We certainly will Hope and Pray for the best! Our love will go with you this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm feeling so optimistic and so grateful. Go Brendan!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!! I too am optimistic!
ReplyDeleteGood luck today Charlie! This post made me smile! You are such an inspiration to others!!! Thank you for sharing! You are always in our thoughts and prayers!!! Xoxo
ReplyDelete