What a night!!! It was so great to see so many friends and family come out to support Brendan and celebrate his birthday! Unfortunately, I only took a couple of pictures. Fortunately, Shanda and Celeste took tons -- I just don't have them yet.
I can't thank Dawna Major enough for putting this all together so quickly. We wanted to throw a birthday party for Brendan, and she made it happen with the help of Erin Foster and others. Thanks, Jeani, for the beautiful decorations. A huge thanks to Roma Christensen and her family for the climbing wall and the bouncy house and slide! And thanks to everyone who showed up and those with treats and those who donated to the Ronald McDonald House and Primary Children's Hospital.
It's nights like these when I know we can do hard things -- because we have the help and support of so many.
Brendan had been worried earlier that he wouldn't have the stamina to make it through the evening. But he did! He was pretty wiped out by the end of the evening, though. I brought him home, tucked him into bed, started his overnight feeds, and gave him a foot rub. It didn't take him long to fall asleep tonight.
Thanks, everyone, for making this a birthday to remember!




How awesome. Happy birthday.
ReplyDeleteLove aunt Kathleen
Looks so fun! I'm sorry I missed it. I am in salt lake and sadly could not come. Happy birthday Brendan!!
ReplyDeleteIt was a wonderful evening! It was nice to talk with you all. We sure love you and you are all permanent parts of our prayers!
ReplyDeleteThank you for having us! It was so good to talk to Brendan. He told me that he had been "real" rock climbing before, thanks to Rachel, and that it was really hard. That made me giggle. What a kind, sweet person Brendan is. I am thankful that I have been able to know him. Thank you for sharing your story.
ReplyDelete-Brooke Talbot (Thatcher's mom)