Thursday, June 9, 2016

What Makes a Good Day?

Today was a good day.  I've thought and thought about what makes for a good day  --

For Brendan, good days consist of feeling well and not hurting.  For me, it's all about my heart.
It's always good to see Brendan up, reading and eating.
 Last weekend, my heart hurt.  It hurt so bad I didn't think I could stand it.  Nothing I did seemed to help it feel better.  I was tense and uptight.  My shoulders ached from the tension and my head throbbed from the tight muscles.  Keeping busy was the only way to keep from feeling pulled completely under.
Brendan always enjoys time in the store checking out the legos and nerf guns.
 Then it all went away.  The last few days I've felt completely peaceful and calm -- in fact, I've felt downright joy!  I've been so happy as we've been together as a family and as I've watched Brendan enjoy time with his siblings.
Brendan cried this morning when Rachel left for work.  He pouted when Chris and Loren and Jamie left to put their kids to bed.  Likewise, he's so happy when everyone comes home! 
 In this time where life seems to be standing still -- waiting with held breath -- I'm grateful for the peace that I know comes from my Savior -- his Atonement, his perfect life, his Resurrection.  His life  makes it possible for me -- in good times and in bad -- to know that we can be together forever, that we will all live again,  and that all things will be made right in the Lord's due time.
An impromptu "Zootopia" movie night with everyone at home.  Every day is a celebration anymore.
Knowing these things hasn't taken away the difficult days.  My heart still hurts, grieves, mourns for better days.  But knowing these truths makes it so I know that the hard days will end, that better days will come, and that the peace of the Lord will come and lift my sorrows and my heavy heart and I will rejoice!   I'm grateful that some of those days of rejoicing come now, even amidst the daily struggles we now face..

7 comments:

  1. Kerry,you inspire me every day. I am in awe by your strength and testimony. I pray that you will have peace and comfort and that your sweet family will be able to feel the prayers that are said in their behalf. Thank you for writing this beautiful story every day. You give us all hope that we may be able to face our challenges with the dignity and grace thar you do. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Shelly said is exactly how I feel too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly said Shelly! You are a real life super woman Kerry. Inspiring us all daily with your strength, and faith. You truly light the way for others. Thank you for sharing your good and be with us all. It truly has made a difference in others (us)! Hugs and prayers always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Jill, I am Jeanne and Tony Fenton's daughter. I have had the privilege of reading your blog all these months, and I want to thank you! Thank you for sharing your story and showing me your testimony and faith. We pray for your family regularly. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this post was so perfect. Thank you for sharing your testimony. I admire your strength and continue to fall more in love with your entire family. Tell Charlie I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is I love you. My heart hurts with you!

    ReplyDelete