Nowadays, each day is full of good hours and difficult hours. It's always nice when the difficult hours give way to deep sleep.
It's these peaceful, restful moments when we all give a sigh of relief that Brendan can relax and rest.The good moments are wonderful. Moments when, for a brief period of time, things seem much the way they always have been before. . .
Three times today someone has said to me, "I don't know what to say. . ." One was a letter, beautifully written, that said, "I hesitated to write, not knowing what to say, how to comfort. Yet saying nothing would be worse, even if I fumble through my words."
So what to say when you don't know what to say? You can say, "I don't know what to say." Because, I don't know what to say either. The nice thing is that you don't have to say anything in particular. You know--and I know -- there are no words that communicate what we are feeling, yet we understand each other. A hug, a note, a wave, a prayer (yes, we feel the prayers) -- just knowing you are there. The Spirit communicates when words can't. Your love and support speak louder than words.




Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteDon't you live the thought that even prayers are sometimes just groaning a if the soul that has no words to express the pain? Yet, at such times we still reach for our Father, for we know he groans with us even as he comforts and strengthens. We always pray that strength will be sent and comfort will envelope all of you.
ReplyDeleteI continue to pray for Brendan and for all of you who love and care for him.
ReplyDeleteI have followed this blog from the beginning and I think and pray for your family each day. I used to clean your house a long time ago, I think Brennan was maybe 3-4? Your faith and attitude through this has been a huge testimony builder for me! You guys are amazing! Lots of love and prayers ❤️
ReplyDelete